No Limits!

Last year I joined my daughter along with some friends and ran our first 5K.  We signed up for the Run or Dye and trained diligently with hopes of successfully running the entire course.  The option of alternately walking and running wasn't a consideration for us.  We were focused on building our endurance to complete the distance.

The day was filled with intermittent down pours of rain which tried to kill our enthusiasm, however, the contagious excitement of the crowd of runners along with the fun energizing music kept us pumped up and ready to tackle our race.  

The terrain of our 5km was over grassy mud and our course was full of twists and turns and hills.  This made it difficult to stay focused on running only without walking.  There was nothing that could take away from the thrill of the finish line, however.

Setting our goal and completing it was the best feeling! 

My husband didn't run this race with me, however, his support at the start and finish lines were the best encouragement I received.  He was so proud of me and I know that having him there made it more meaningful. My husband has always been my strongest encourager, forever inspiring me and cheering me on to reach what I might feel is impossible.  I'm so thankful for his love and support in everything I do.



This past weekend I ran my first 10K!  I ran it along with my husband and our daughter.  It was our daughter's first time running 10K as well.




What an amazing feeling to reach the finish line after running the whole race.

I woke up that morning not feeling as though I had trained enough.  I hadn't slept well the night before, nor did I feel as though I drank enough water in preparation.  

None of these deterred me from finishing the race and making a satisfying finish time!

I love that I was able to train and experience the race along with my family!  It's so encouraging and rewarding to accomplish your goals together.  I'm looking forward to tacking more mutual goals as we continue to take the limits off!



Thank you to Mark and Brittany for pursuing the 10K along with me!  
Team McFaul for the win!



Ephesians 3:20
Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us

No comments:

Post a Comment